anybody work for UPS?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
Fed ex does their hiring kinda shady. Like, you gotta be there for a while before they consider bringing you on ft. And only garunteed 15 hrs a week? Fuuuuck that
I worked at fed ex for a half year. I got hired on not long after applying. Almost everyone had the job as a 2nd job. So only working a few hours a night isnt bad, especially since it was such a fast paced job, and hot as fuck...

Also we got paid weekly which is nice, imo. And the managers would hook it up with pizza while on break on occasion.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
i just hit 3 years...but i should have been driving already...all the people i got hired with are already driving after about a year and a half..ive seen people start driving after 6 months...all depends on what the company needs...they do a driver sign up sheet every january...ive never signed up because i didnt wanna do it full time until now
damn thats good. in the bay? in Stockton right now its about a 10 year wait to get a driver gig. it always changes tho.

Apr 25, 2002
they need hella drivers and they got hella drivers. those dudes dont quit. they retire. you might get on after a few years, or 2 hands. your sayin tho if business picks up and they make new driver positions. theres too much competition here. UPS, FedEx, and Ontrac all fighting for business and they all got warehouses fighting for employees.

Feb 3, 2014
they need hella drivers and they got hella drivers. those dudes dont quit. they retire. you might get on after a few years, or 2 hands. your sayin tho if business picks up and they make new driver positions. theres too much competition here. UPS, FedEx, and Ontrac all fighting for business and they all got warehouses fighting for employees.
and yea most drivers wont quit...retirement is too good to leave that place...

but anyway fuckers guess nobody knows about a transfer

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
as far as fedex ground/hd goes, your best chance of getting put on is the end of october/beginning of november for the holiday season... and if you do a good enough job, you may even replace one of the permanent drivers after christmas. when i was working at the oakland terminal years ago, i seen that shit happen

::

Mar 14, 2006
east bay
Worked for ups and fedex along time ago, was at the Richmond hub for a minute. Probably the weakest job I've ever had. Shitty pay for some pretty hard work. Had to put in my resignation after I figured out my supervisor had his line off crystal while they were working. FedEx in south city wasn't too bad though.

Feb 3, 2014
Worked for ups and fedex along time ago, was at the Richmond hub for a minute. Probably the weakest job I've ever had. Shitty pay for some pretty hard work. Had to put in my resignation after I figured out my supervisor had his line off crystal while they were working. FedEx in south city wasn't too bad though.
dont doubt that for a second...i used to work the early morning shift..start at 3am...that was 90% tweakers...it is definitely hard work..pay isnt the greatest but ill retire at 52 and you cant beat the benefits...i dont have a degree so im not gonna find a whole lot of good paying jobs where im not busting my ass all day

Mar 14, 2006
east bay
dont doubt that for a second...i used to work the early morning shift..start at 3am...that was 90% tweakers...it is definitely hard work..pay isnt the greatest but ill retire at 52 and you cant beat the benefits...i dont have a degree so im not gonna find a whole lot of good paying jobs where im not busting my ass all day
I feel it, I always wanted to stick it out with either of them so I could become a driver.. Ideal job for me not having to deal with a whole bunch of people but my driving record wasn't the best and I couldn't juggle starting at 3.. Getting off at 8 in the morning than going right to my current job as supervisor for my wharehouse 9 to 6. Shit was starting to catch up with me.

Feb 3, 2014
I feel it, I always wanted to stick it out with either of them so I could become a driver.. Ideal job for me not having to deal with a whole bunch of people but my driving record wasn't the best and I couldn't juggle starting at 3.. Getting off at 8 in the morning than going right to my current job as supervisor for my wharehouse 9 to 6. Shit was starting to catch up with me.
haha i manage a warehouse from 730am-5pm then work ups 6-11...shit is fucked up

May 9, 2002
eh, I dunno breh.

When the cheapest apartment in SJ is $1850, in the hood... $34 an hour really aint all that. especially if you got kids to raise.
I dont disagree, but every city is going to be different. The price of living may be higher in SJ than in Watsonville or even LA.

BTW, $34 an hour equals out to be ~$70k in a given year, before taxes (and without OT). Even if rent is $2000, thats $24k a year, leaving you with $55K to mess with (again, before taxes/no OT). For a single person, that is pretty good living. Single parent? Depending on expenses, it could get a bit tight..but when only 1/3 of your pay is going to rent, thats a very good thing. But a mulitple-incomce household is going to do very well at the pay stated.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
I dont disagree, but every city is going to be different. The price of living may be higher in SJ than in Watsonville or even LA.

BTW, $34 an hour equals out to be ~$70k in a given year, before taxes (and without OT). Even if rent is $2000, thats $24k a year, leaving you with $55K to mess with (again, before taxes/no OT). For a single person, that is pretty good living. Single parent? Depending on expenses, it could get a bit tight..but when only 1/3 of your pay is going to rent, thats a very good thing. But a mulitple-incomce household is going to do very well at the pay stated.
agreed.

child support is a motha fucka tho.

& the day I typed that reply, I got home to a note saying my rent is going from 1850 to 1950 a month starting october 1st.

FML

it'd be nice to have a dual income in the house, but damn i cant stand living with anyone.

May 9, 2002
Rent hikes are ass. especially when you live in a hot bed. They did that shit to me a few years back when i was living by "Allentown (South lake Union...Amazon new HQ)". I got in at a time when they were trying to get people in. Once my lease was up, they upped my rent by 20%. Yes, you read that right. I stayed, but once my next year was up, they wanted to bump me another 15%. Fuck that....i was out. That same area, in the last 4 years, have put up 4 more mega=complexes to appease all the people flooding in for the Amazon jobs. Rent on a studio/1BR now starts at $1533. At the time, i got a 2BR for $1550. Yeah. No.

AMLI 535 Floor Plans

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
Rent hikes are ass. especially when you live in a hot bed. They did that shit to me a few years back when i was living by "Allentown (South lake Union...Amazon new HQ)". I got in at a time when they were trying to get people in. Once my lease was up, they upped my rent by 20%. Yes, you read that right. I stayed, but once my next year was up, they wanted to bump me another 15%. Fuck that....i was out. That same area, in the last 4 years, have put up 4 more mega=complexes to appease all the people flooding in for the Amazon jobs. Rent on a studio/1BR now starts at $1533. At the time, i got a 2BR for $1550. Yeah. No.

AMLI 535 Floor Plans
3 years ago less than a half a mile from my 740 square foot 2 bedroom condo I live in now, ....I had a 2400 square foot 3 bedroom home with a 2 car garage in a cul-de-sac on a 1/2 acre lot for 1975 a month.

this is all due to the BART extension thats being built down the street.

fuck BART & fuck rent.

imma be looking to purchase a home in less than 12 months if all goes according to plan (paying my credit cards down & stacking more money for the down payment) ....but I sure AS FUCK aint gonna be buying in San Jose.

imma end up moving to recklessofgilaz @recklessofgilaz area out in gilroy cuz its cheaper (& a lot nicer)

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
3 years ago less than a half a mile from my 740 square foot 2 bedroom condo I live in now, ....I had a 2400 square foot 3 bedroom home with a 2 car garage in a cul-de-sac on a 1/2 acre lot for 1975 a month.

this is all due to the BART extension thats being built down the street.

fuck BART & fuck rent.

imma be looking to purchase a home in less than 12 months if all goes according to plan (paying my credit cards down & stacking more money for the down payment) ....but I sure AS FUCK aint gonna be buying in San Jose.

imma end up moving to recklessofgilaz @recklessofgilaz area out in gilroy cuz its cheaper (& a lot nicer)
Good choice breh

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Hell yeah
Gilroy is the plug for that good good garlic on the low or so I've heard
At the cherry stands when you enter the town have deals where if you buy 2 boxes of cherries, you get a free rope of Garlic. It's awesome lol

Last edited: