2015 Lexus RC350 Coupe

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003

2015 Lexus RC350 Coupe

Born of three cars, the RC is one compelling coupe.

SEPTEMBER 2014 BY K.C. COLWELL

Whenever an automaker decides to fire a coupe into the market, it most often plucks a sedan from its quiver of cars, cuts a few inches out of the wheelbase, excises two doors, and wraps it in a swoopy body aimed to seduce the emotional hearts—not the practical minds—of buyers. Not Lexus. Not this time around. The all-new RC350 is built on the bones of three different cars, as the IS C convertible and the latest IS and GS sedans all make osteal contributions. The IS C donates its floor pan (with reinforced sills), the GS its structure forward of the A-pillar, and the IS its rear architecture.

In the RC lineup, the low-volume RC F is aimed at the power junkies, but this RC350 will find the most garages. Lexus hopes some 25,000 people will adopt one over the next year, half of whom, Lexus executives predict, will be new conquests to the brand. After all, there hasn’t been a truly affordable fixed-roof Lexus coupe since the SC400 went out of production nearly 15 years ago.

Whether you love or hate the styling, even the base $43,715 RC350 will draw stares from the sidewalk. The driver, meanwhile, sits wrapped in a cockpit that makes them feel as if they’re wearing the car, not riding in it. Those who bother to peek behind the front seats will notice that they very nearly rest against the leading edge of the bottom rear cushion. Small children won’t complain if you stuff them back there—especially those who haven’t learned to talk yet—but we wouldn’t want to stretch around the B-pillar to either get in ourselves or secure a kid in a child seat.

Every RC350 is powered by the same V-6 found in the IS350, which is good for 306 horsepower and 277 lb-ft of torque. Rear-wheel-drive models have an eight-speed automatic. All-wheel drive is a $2235 upcharge, but you part with more than your bucks: AWD cars must make do with a six-speed automatic transmission. No manual is available. Opt for the F Sport trim, and the interior goes sporty, including an LFA-inspired gauge pod that features a power-actuated sliding bezel like the one available in the IS.

While the trick gauge cluster is neat, the F Sport also upgrades key hardware in the name of performance, and the package is a must for any enthusiast. It includes adaptive dampers and four-wheel steering, high-friction brake pads, 19-inch wheels, and a front fascia that might as well be the RC F’s, among other bits.

Pricing for the F Sport trim starts at $48,800 for the rear-drive version—including the required power sunroof option—which undercuts a BMW 435i with the M Sport package by a few grand. Adding insult to injury, at least as far as the Bavarians are concerned, the F Sport also includes a few features, such as adaptive dampers, that cost even more money on the BMW.

The 435i, though, will win any drag race. Because the RC’s beefy structure makes it heavier, we’re predicting that the coupe will hit 60 mph behind a comparable IS350 sedan. Using the numbers from our last sports sedan comparison test as a guide, the RC should be about a second slower to 60 mph, or somewhere in the mid- to high-fives. Our estimated quarter-mile times would also place the RC about a second behind the Bimmer.

Cruising along the highway in an RC is as tranquil and comfortable an experience as it is in a Lexus ES, with the main difference being far firmer seats. There is no flat spot in the V-6’s power delivery, but the engine lacks character when compared with the inline-sixes available at the BMW shop. All of that said, this car is engaging to drive hard, with good body control and a well-damped suspension. Even with variable-ratio steering—a $1900 option exclusive to rear-drive F Sports—the feel and feedback available to the driver are near the top of the class.

Fully loaded, an RC tops out around $60,000. At that price, the RC F, which packs a 467-hp V-8 to back up its aggressive maw, becomes a reasonable alternative. But since the RC350 and the RC F are brothers from the same three mothers—or uncles, or whatever—there’s no bad option.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PbBCk1yDFc[/video]

THIS IS THE RC F MODEL...NOT THE 350
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUn9teZTXWQ[/video]

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9PdFPKD6GM[/VIDEO]

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2006
I got a ES350 thats already 7 years old but looks like the newer models so it passes off as a newer car. The dealership keeps hitting me up about selling it back to them and they saying they will make an aggressive offer not sure if its worth it cuz i only have about 43,000 miles on it. Seeing the pics in this thread makes we want to trade in for a newer model lol

Jun 5, 2004
Id cop it in that orange creamsickle color because it literally goes from looking like any other newer coupe that looks like a hyundai tiburon, to instantly looking like what it is, a high end sports coupe. Theres just so many new cars coming out to where seriously if you cop the version without the little metal/plastic brand plates, bitches wont even really pay attention to what kind of car it is. Esp cuz now theyre making even like hyundais n kias n scions with shit that was aftermarket in the 00's: 18" wheels and low profile tires, clear headlights and taillights, sharper lines, etc... Its getting harder and harder for ppl to tell the difference. I still can, but that dosent matter, u want bitches to jock, thats the reason u traded in your car when it was perfectly fine to drive lol.

And i like the color silver for cars, but i would never cop any new lexus in silver. Seems like all types of new lexos are in silver and it makes them look super plain

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
45-60k tercel. No thanks. 60k car-new vette
I hear a lot of people say this about the lexus

is the engine designed by Toyota? yes.

Is it the same engine, same HP, same style, same class? fuck no.

go get that 60k base model vette, pay double in gas & maintenance.

& you better hope you're a tiny man because you aint gonna fit very comfortably in it

May 22, 2006

& you better hope you're a tiny man because you aint gonna fit very comfortably in it
Ya I was bn harsh on the Lexo. I kno u got one n u like it but that coupe is weak compared to a vette if ur askn me. Maybe not the same class, but maybe, sport coupe?
If im driven a vette gas mileage ain't my main goal but I think the new ones get something like 25mpg. Shit, my 2014 4x4 ram quad cab ram hemi gets 20+ mpg on the free way.
And as far as bn tiny to fit n a vette, don't forget that's one of Gucci mane favorite whips. I Got guccis height but not quite such a developed abdomen.

To each his own bruh but to me, the new vette shits on that sissy lex coupe;)

Jun 5, 2004

They look like they have decent headroom, and legroom not just lengthwise but as far as not having a bunch of shit digging into your knees and the side of your legs.

Which I don't understand why companies don't make more room in some coupes, esp higher end sports coupes that are more toys(something that's not practical for a persons daily grind)... Cuz think about it, people who typically buy those are middle aged ppl with lots of money... Typically white collar...and statistically who out of them are favored more, hired more, and promoted more? Men, specifically TALL men. And that was even more true a few generations ago, which is when they were first getting hired lol.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
Ya I was bn harsh on the Lexo. I kno u got one n u like it but that coupe is weak compared to a vette if ur askn me. Maybe not the same class, but maybe, sport coupe?
If im driven a vette gas mileage ain't my main goal but I think the new ones get something like 25mpg. Shit, my 2014 4x4 ram quad cab ram hemi gets 20+ mpg on the free way.
And as far as bn tiny to fit n a vette, don't forget that's one of Gucci mane favorite whips. I Got guccis height but not quite such a developed abdomen.

To each his own bruh but to me, the new vette shits on that sissy lex coupe;)
The new vettes are pushing damn near 30mpg, gm is the king of power and mpg.

Jun 5, 2004
Back in '08 when the recession and the big mpg craze and all that hit, I was thinking that they were just gonna start making cars weaker and better on gas... But its crazy how companies are able to keep making cars more efficient and powerful at the same time without making people sacrifice one for the other... (Probably not all that crazy, I'm guessing it just meant they had to start spending more money on better car parts lol)

But I thought niggas was gonna be forced to make a decision if they want to be a faggot and drive a 4-wheel vagina to save money, or if they want to get raped at the pump just to keep their man card and be... Literally a "would you rather be a faggot or a rapist" type of situation

Last edited:

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Back in '08 when the recession and the big mpg craze and all that hit, I was thinking that they were just gonna start making cars weaker and better on gas... But its crazy how companies are able to keep making cars more efficient and powerful at the same time without making people sacrifice one for the other... (Probably not all that crazy, I'm guessing it just meant they had to start spending more money on better car parts lol)

In a way that did happen. For a long time the top engine in a lot of cars was a V8...or a V6.

As of a few years ago the new wave, which is more fuel efficient, has been Direct Injection(DI)....instead of plain ole Fuel Injection(FI).....and turbo charged 4cyl engines which make just as much if not more power than a comparable v6.....and DI/Turbo(T)/Twin Turbo (TT)-v6' with as much hp to a comparable v8....and lets not forget Diesals. And only DI is a "new" technology.

And I'd say your right that more money went into research an development for what we have today.

Some of the these new "direct injected turbo fours" aint no joke.

And Chrysler/Dodge was famous for turbo charging 4cyl engines back in the 80's.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE

The e-Sportlimousine, built by the German company Quant, runs on an electrolyte flow cell power system made by NanoFlowcell that generates a staggering 920 horsepower, goes 0-62 mph in 2.8 seconds, and propels the car to a top speed of 217.5 mph

#SALTWATER
crazy look to it

running on saltwater is exactly what we need too, now the USA can go kill people over saltwater instead of oil.

you'd think it ran on 1.21 gigawatts