Serious question about Sac

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 27, 2014
I grew up on Sac gangster rap, I use to feel it more then bay rap I grew up in East Oakland, Richmond, San Leandro and Pittsburg... I have been living in Sac 3 months and I just don't see any hood about it. I live in W Sac I work downtown I been to South Sac I just don't see the ghetto it doesn't match the image in my mind from the raps I grew up on. I go to different gyms everyday based on where I'm working and it all seems basic. I was in Oak Park last week and it looked nice with hella trees. Do the freaks come out at night?

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
I grew up on Sac gangster rap, I use to feel it more then bay rap I grew up in East Oakland, Richmond, San Leandro and Pittsburg... I have been living in Sac 3 months and I just don't see any hood about it. I live in W Sac I work downtown I been to South Sac I just don't see the ghetto it doesn't match the image in my mind from the raps I grew up on. I go to different gyms everyday based on where I'm working and it all seems basic. I was in Oak Park last week and it looked nice with hella trees. Do the freaks come out at night?

You want to see some real grimey g shit!!? Go to the sac Wal mart gardening section, c-lim be out there straight crippin in his gardening gloves.

Jul 12, 2002
I feel you breh. Nothing pisses me off more than moving to a new city only to find out there are no unsafe places for me to hang out at.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
there is nice parts of oak park...like around UC Davis and a few other spots...lots of gentrification going on...it a big ass neighbor hood and when first developed was the nicest place to live in SAC...with that said if you want to see some grimy shit go down san jose and all them streets that start with "san" off broadway...cross broadway and go by 4th ave park you might see 20 niggaz out there playing dice...just if you do make sure to yell starzs up so they don't trip and think ur a homie

i would stay in that area don't go to far into the streets u might get lost and not no ur way out...

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
the UC Davis Hospital is in/around Oak Park?
Yeah its considered the out skirts...it used to be Hella fucked up around sac high back in the day...but they knocked down two "troubled" liquor stores and changed sac high to a charter school and 8t really made a huge difference...

Like I said oak park is huge neighborhood some streets are not horrible and look decent but u can hit the next block and half the houses are boarded up and the streets are filled with Crack heads tryna sell.u something...it's gang invested there's about 7 or 8 sperate or.sub gangs and now Hella new.clicks popping up...seriously don't go through there at night I was born a raised there and have almost got shot and jumped going down the wrong street not knowing anyone...

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Oak Park was more grimey in the 80s and 90s, when I was in 7th grade I got kicked out of school and had to go to a private school on Stockton Blvd near Oak Park and I saw people get killed after school around there a couple times and I saw a lot of other crazy shit. Back then South Sac was more rough and the gangs back then were mostly tougher than the newer generation of gangs.

One day we were gettin out of school and there was a butt naked dead body in the middle of Stockton blvd. ,a guy stole a truck with the keys still in the ignition from the liquor store and the truck owner got ran over by the guy who stole the truck.

My dad found a 9mm with a 16 round clip in a trash can in Oak Park a long time ago when I was a kid.

Last edited:

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
i had to hit up stockton blvd twice a month, i had to go to a small building just off from the main hospital...i used to go there solo bumpin my shit loud, and i usually bumped local shit and never had any issues, met a couple dudes that were pretty koo, i used to see a gang of fixed up rides goin by on the highway bumpin someone from Sac or the Bay

i miss it like a mutha fucka

Red Ryda 916

Lakota Sioux
Jun 12, 2004
South Sac/Wounded Knee
On a side note I'm a ucd baby
Same here. Been there for a lot of good times (births in the family) and way too many bad ones. You know if you see a grip of folks sitting in the courtyard, they're just waiting to see if they have to bury someone. Hate that fucking courtyard.