selling advice

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 14, 2011
Sacramento
ok so heres the deal...i never sold on the internet before...only bought. i was offered a good amount for a tape from someone from Germany, he contacted me on youtube.

now my question is, what can i do to make sure this goes smooth, the reason im asking is ive read the stories here on the forum of some of yall being ripped off for hundreds of dollars while selling to these foreign countries.

i read on some guys ebay auction that he take video of him packing the item, and handing it to the worker at the post office, would this be a good idea incase the buyer tries to pull some bullshit?
basically im looking for every way to make sure i dont get screwed outta a rare tape that i probably wont see again...

thanks for any help

Dec 14, 2010
Never seen something like that.
The picture: You, in post office with camera at tripod, in front of people, recording packing process and giving a package to post worker, and walking away home *still recording*.
Then you come home, recording how you open your PC, opening paypal site & marking an order as shipped.

-
Of course paypal will watch the whole footage

Dec 14, 2011
Sacramento
lol no no...why would i bring a whole film setup when most phones now do video?

i guess he basiclly filmed himself (with phone) packaging the item and handing it to the worker. so i mean it would be quite simple to do that but would it help at all?

i just wanna do all that i can to make it go good after reading some of the stories here...

Dec 14, 2010
I personally would be scared to send a package to someone who leaves such agressive comments on youtube videos...

fuck funk master flex that fat ass woman beating faggot. much love for morpeme shakur
i hope funk master flex will get raped
fuck you funkmaster flex. nobody loves you anymore so you got to shock the people so people will talk about you. but you are a fucking woman beating ladyboy

Dec 14, 2011
Sacramento
hmm that is a good point you make there...but where do you see him making those comments?

also, since my paypal account isnt connected to a bank account how would that work if the buyer claimed he never recieved a package? i simply add money to my paypal account as needed via Moneypak cards

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
You could do like Dave chapelle and when you drop it off and make a video with you holding 2 forms of government id, with your grandma present, 5 of your buddies, and a cop.

The reality is theres always some risk. Even if you make a video like that ebay/paypal might not be willing to review it. Ebay definitely gives the advantage to the buyer.

Dec 14, 2011
Sacramento
yeah but since my paypal isnt connected to a bank account and i only put money in it and spend it immedietely what would happen if they claim they didnt get the package? how would that work?

Dec 14, 2010
yeah but since my paypal isnt connected to a bank account and i only put money in it and spend it immedietely what would happen if they claim they didnt get the package? how would that work?
Just call PayPal, they will tell you the most correct information regarding this question.

Jul 21, 2005
underground....6 feet deep
I'm not even sure a video would be a valid proof of shipping for paypal.

The best way to stay safe is to pay extra for a tracking number when you ship the package. But even with that, all kind of bullshit can still happen so make sure you got the adress right, the tracking number, you protect your item with some bubblewrap plastic, and yea look up for the buyer on forums / ebay see his feedback if anything looks suspicious. Especially if it's tape/cd of high value.

Sep 17, 2005
I quit selling on ebay, I've never had any problems with anybody overseas. However, shipping costs have gone up and I figured if people are already bitching about regular shipping then they sure as hell aren't goin to fork over the extra cash to provide tracking overseas.

Apr 5, 2014
With tracking + sign you cant have problem if you dont deal on ebay because paypal do "wrong object" lawsuits only with ebay.i got problems on discogs and they said this is dont work with discogs marketplace.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
ok so heres the deal...i never sold on the internet before...only bought. i was offered a good amount for a tape from someone from Germany, he contacted me on youtube.

now my question is, what can i do to make sure this goes smooth, the reason im asking is ive read the stories here on the forum of some of yall being ripped off for hundreds of dollars while selling to these foreign countries.

i read on some guys ebay auction that he take video of him packing the item, and handing it to the worker at the post office, would this be a good idea incase the buyer tries to pull some bullshit?
basically im looking for every way to make sure i dont get screwed outta a rare tape that i probably wont see again...

thanks for any help
Honestly, though ebay and other sites I have had a lot of problems with Germany....

I have sold plenty here on the siccness over the years and out of the 100's of sales I have completed with numerous posters I have really never had a problem - as a matter of fact I had numerous repeat customers...

IMO, ebay has set up a situation where the seller is always at fault - the worst IMO, is dealing with individuals overseas via ebay.

IMO, this is the most honorable and safest place to do business. The sellers are legit and a pleasure to do business with.

In my opinion, you may get more over Ebay, however the risk is just not worth the reward - not to mention ebay fees and deadbeat bidders - especially when dealing with mega rares.

As a seller I have been ripped off numerous times considering ebay is basically "anonymous" - at least here on the Siccness people have reputations, and if someone gets shafted here everyone know who they are.

I made a lot of money on ebay but I also had a lot of problems.

I'd be more than willing to elaborate further and give details if anyone is interested..... None of the problems I have ever came from siccness transactions.

So, if you want to buy or sell CD's this is the most honest place to do it - at least in my experience.

If you're going that route just make sure the individual poster you're dealing with is an established user and has a history here on these boards and everything will be fine.

Dec 14, 2011
Sacramento
well since i told him i would be doing the video thing in the last message i sent him, he hasnt replied so im asuming he was just looking to rip me off..

i know theres legit buyers and sellers here thats why i came here for advice.

he offered me a decent amount for the EOC tape, much more than i paid for it. with an offer that high i kinda thought something was suspicious. i think i will takes your guy's advice and not sell unless i can confirm that they are legit.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
well since i told him i would be doing the video thing in the last message i sent him, he hasnt replied so im asuming he was just looking to rip me off..

i know theres legit buyers and sellers here thats why i came here for advice.

he offered me a decent amount for the EOC tape, much more than i paid for it. with an offer that high i kinda thought something was suspicious. i think i will takes your guy's advice and not sell unless i can confirm that they are legit.
It's not worth your time or energy....

There are a lot of shady people out there.

When I first started selling cd's here, people were careful and they bought 30-40 bucks of cds at a time and after a while and they realized I was legit they were more comfortable with a 400-500 dollar orders.

Anyone what is just more than willing to throw big money at you (anything over 100 bucks in a deal) raises red flags - at least it did to me.

Aug 1, 2014

thanks for any help
YES i am reopening the thread
that's why i'm keeping all my RARE OOP MEGA G-FUNK DOPE SMOOTH because you can't trust these europeans and they are the only ones who are buying the shit because it's all old news to USA we done been there done that! there is some good buyers because i have sold a few for $60 to Germany then i stopped because of some jealous bitchmade ass kids so it's over with me and alot of this wanted list items will never surface now. Done fucked it up for everyone :devious: if i sell it will be by money order ONLY and there will have to be trust because i want to see money before i send but i will prove i'm legit once i get the shit rollin but it has to start somewhere and thats the only way i will sell :paranoid:

don't trust them 91x take that shit to you grave with you

would you trust a stranger to lend him your nice ride?
would you let someone you don't know house sit your house while you on vacation?
would you leave a rapist with your woman while you left town for 2 days?
would you let a pedifile babysit your kids while you went to go get drunk?
would you give your worst enemy a loaded gun to hold while you steadily call him a punk bitchto his face?

if you would do any of the above then you can trust to send one of your expensive tapes to a european which you do have a couple nice tapes so i would just keep them and get buried with them, let them euros want all they want

lifesourcerec

The 865 Archive
Oct 15, 2003
www.steelsolid.net
I've sold quite a bit over seas, and found the die hard collectors and the CD flippers (scalpers). I only had 1 issue, but it was resolved in over 1000 transactions.

Had to sell to free up space for this documentary as now i have original masters on ADAT, DAT, cassette, cassette *4 -track), mini-disc, etc. We plan on releasing it, but only time will tell.