J One Hillz of Darkne$$

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2010
I recently acquired j one hillz of dsrkness. I have the version with no barcode and all white back cover. I saw another version with a normal back cover and bar code. Any idea which is first press? Mine is identical to the one on rapmusicguide.com

May 27, 2006
the cd you got was made by phillipp geibel aka indo in 2012 and he told people it's the real og first press. the one from the french collector just popped up few months ago before most people thought it's a tape only which indo adapted to cd to jack of collectors saying it's ultra rare mid90s release etc.

Apr 26, 2010
sweet that is good to know. I see know why you went on your tirade against him for doing this. I thought it was an original press myself. Glad I did not pay too much for it. I guess I will bump it rather than sell it.

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
I would have probably been suspicious of its date of origin just from looking at the disc itself. Not too many CDs from that era that I remember having photos/artwork printed on the disc like that. Of course there were some, but thats a more modern thing. Does the other version's disc look like this one as well? Its possible the other version is just a different bootleg as well, who really knows?

Mar 25, 2013
the cd you got was made by phillipp geibel aka indo in 2012 and he told people it's the real og first press. the one from the french collector just popped up few months ago before most people thought it's a tape only which indo adapted to cd to jack of collectors saying it's ultra rare mid90s release etc.
Yes, I thought the DropTop was the 1st press (on CD)... Until I saw the one popped by the french guy .. That's crazy

Jan 30, 2004
i doubt it, if you look at indo's release, you can tell the cover was stretched to fit the square insert size, but the other looks like a normal photo, also the bootleg photo on the disc is really posterized compared to the smooth print of the other.

Apr 10, 2008
gfoelife.blogspot.com
Here is a message from phillipp co worker from droptop (the guy from II tight.jp) on facebook:
Ceo Droptopmusic "no he got the original cd, we repressed it later but this was not a tape only but they only made a low run of 500 or 1000 cds because tapes were more poppin"

Jun 15, 2007
Here is a message from phillipp co worker from droptop (the guy from II tight.jp) on facebook:
Ceo Droptopmusic "no he got the original cd, we repressed it later but this was not a tape only but they only made a low run of 500 or 1000 cds because tapes were more poppin"

ya ya ya...who would believe all these nonsens...again and again all these dream-stories for years.

what diggler mentioned sounds legit to me. i also saw the original tape-cover years ago and the covers from the cd-releases look stretched to a cd format from the original tape...