akai mpk mini

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I don't like how the pads feel on these Akai midi controllers. I have the Akai Mpk the non mini one. I love the all the assignable knobs, and buttons. I use the pads for triggers and on/offs. The keys are awesome as well. I have seen online there kits to change the señor on. He pads to mirror the orginal mpc, but I don feel like putting in the effort.

I wouldn't get any other controller, but pads rant cutting it for samples or drums, I just assign them to keys instead.

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
Can anyone recommend a company or specific model controller specific to mixing board faders, assignable knobs/buttons, and maybe a simple crossfader dj setup? So appealing to get hands on with mixes/automations instead of focusing on one track/effect per take using a mouse. It would be a huge improvement.

The only niche i see mpk mini's being good for are if youre on the road/flying/hotelroom living. But the APC20 Live controllers akai makes are looking dope!

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
^ look up mpk49

Has all those you just said. Fade knobs, rotary knobs, pads and keys, buttons, transport control

What progran do you use? - the full line mpks are really the best studio controller on the market.

Dont bases judgement on mini- mini' series anything are always lacking features.

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
Logic Pro 9.

Yeah the mpk (without using it before) does seem like a top dog controller.

I should be more specific NVT I have a basic K49 korg controller i'm content with and I could care less for drum pads- So really a less expensive/or more thorough usb controller focusing on mixdowns would be perfect.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I had an APC40, but I think that's overly specific for ableton, but it has the fades and knobs. Just all those push buttons would go underutilized outside a ableton set up: http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-AKAI-APC40-107510465-i2408548.gc?&source=4WWRWXGB&=

I know a person that has this one, and for the price it's really good, with a lot of controls Im think of selling my apc40 for this because i have a app on my ipad that controls ableton clips now: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BCF2000/

And you can dream of having this with your logic lulz 22k fuck that is not a game: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Matrix/

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
this?

shit looks tough:

but needs the knobs, I love the mpk25 because it as a A/B switch on all these rotarys:

I like it because its so portable, but kind of wish I got the larger key version. I downgraded to this from using my 61key motif as a controller for portability issue, and regret it sometimes... other times its a blessing if traveling or shows