Sacramento Kings 2014-2015

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Trailer released for new Sacramento Kings documentary

When a group of local filmmakers set out to capture footage of their hometown basketball team back in 2011, they had no idea the improbable journey they were about to take.

The project turned into a documentary entitled Playing to Win: A Relentless Pursuit to Save a Team, created by Sacramento-based Franklin Pictures and Trojan Horse Productions, and produced by Kevin Nagle, a part-owner of the Kings. Its trailer, which just debuted yesterday, can be seen below.

“When we started out, we knew this was going to be a story one way or the other, and it turned out being a great one and one that Sacramento should be very proud of,” says Rusty Prevatt, the film’s director. “It was a David versus Goliath story for the ages about our community rising up and basically standing up to a fight—and winning.”

Although it touches on rumors of the Kings relocating to Anaheim back in 2011, Playing to Win focuses primarily on the city’s seemingly impossible mission to keep the Kings in Sacramento after reports in January 2013 that an ownership group, led by former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, bought the team to move it to Seattle. The film features interviews with Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, Kings majority owner Vivek Ranadivé, power forward Jason Thompson and others, and highlights major turning points in the “Here We Stay” campaign, including Johnson’s 2014 State of the City address. It also presents footage from four days that Prevatt and his team spent in Seattle interviewing key players who were in pursuit to purchase the Kings.

“We wanted to hear all sides of the story,” Prevatt says, “But when it gets down to it, this is a film about our city, about our community. It’s a love letter to Sacramento.”

The film will be released in the spring, with screenings at local venues. For more information in the coming weeks, visit playingtowindoc.com.

Trailer released for new Sacramento Kings documentary - The City

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
George Karl in talks with Kings

The Sacramento Kings have engaged in serious discussions with George Karl and his representatives in recent days as the team's play has worsened under interim coach Tyrone Corbin, league coaching sources have confirmed to ESPN.

The Kings, according to sources, are still deciding whether they indeed want to make another coaching change so soon, which would make it three coaches in the brief regime of new owner Vivek Ranadive.

But sources say Ranadive is increasingly ‎intrigued by the idea of bringing Karl in immediately after initially pledging to give Corbin the rest of the season to make his case.

Karl, who currently works as an analyst at ESPN, has not commented on numerous reports linking him and the Kings' coaching vacancy.

The Kings' recent conversations with Karl were reported earlier Saturday by the Sacramento Bee.

Karl ranks sixth all-time among NBA coaches with 1,131 wins and has worked extensively with two key members of Sacramento's brain trust in general manager Pete D'Alessandro and assistant GM Mike Bratz, as well as recent Kings hire Dean Oliver.

In the wake of Michael Malone's firing back in December, Karl made it clear he was interested in the Kings' coaching vacancy, saying he was "hungry to get back in the gym."

"There's no question that the year or year and a half that I've been out and been with ESPN has been fun, but I think I've got one more rodeo left in me," Karl said in December. "I'd like to get back in the gym and get with a good team. In a lot of ways, I think Sacramento fits that process, in my mind."

ESPN also reported in December that Kings adviser Chris Mullin resisted a push from Ranadive to take over for the fired Malone despite his lack of NBA coaching experience.

The Kings entered play Saturday with a 17-31 record -- the fourth-worst mark in the Western Conference. Sacramento is 6-18 under Corbin and has lost 10 of its last 11 games.

George Karl in serious talks for Sacramento Kings' coaching vacancy - ESPN

Feb 10, 2006
I seen they wanted to trade isiah

Nah, Goran Dragic is in talks of being traded to the Houston Roccets(which is stupid, but makes sense a lil cuz his contract is up). I was hoping that they were going to get Stoudemire, but he went with Dallas instead.