The Official SF Giants 2014 Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
Let's pick things up and play some October style ball.

Should we pick up Uggla? low risk IMO.

Or we can make a move for Zobrist + Price but we don't have much to offer. Also heard a possibility of trading for Kemp? only way would be if A) Dodgers pick up his salary and B) if he could stay healthy and be more consistent. But what would we trade?? We don't have much in the way of farm system either. What the fuck happened to Angel Villalona? that dude fell off the map after prison.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
If they wanted a second baseman that can't hit and plays terrible defense, they should have just kept Brandon Hicks and told him to wear his mitt on the wrong hand.
I agree but who knows how he'll turn out. I'd rather have him pinch hit than hicks lol

Jan 5, 2006
Damn we got whooped on today... but nothing like the 19-3 ass whooping we gave the Dodgers last year. However, hope this wakes up the ownership for real, how bad does it have to get until they do something? at this point ANYBODY is trade bait, well except MadBum unless it's a compelling package.

I guess this ownership thinks it can throw a few bucks towards improving the team because it worked before. I hate when owners line their pockets and are too cheap to spend. Price goes to LA and it's game over. Kershaw, Greinke, Price that's a KILLER 1-2-3 punch. We've needed hitting since Barry's been gone. Every year, that corner outfielder with power has lacked. Pence is the only one pulling his weight and worth the $$.

Can anyone tell me where the fuck Buster is at? Dude is not producing like he should be, at all.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Red Sox trade Jake Peavy to Giants

The Boston Red Sox have agreed to trade veteran pitcher Jake Peavy to the San Francisco Giants for a pair of pitching prospects, a source confirmed to ESPN.

Boston received prospects Edwin Escobar and Heath Hembree in the trade, which is pending approval from baseball commissioner Bud Selig, according to the source.

CBS Sports reported the trade earlier Saturday.

The deal would mark the second time in the last year that Peavy, a former National League Cy Young Award winner, has been traded. Boston acquired the right-hander last July 30 in a three-team trade with the Chicago White Sox and Detroit Tigers.

Peavy, 33, has struggled with the Red Sox this season, going 1-9 with a 4.72 ERA in 20 starts.

But the three-time All-Star could bolster a San Francisco rotation that is short-handed due to the absence of Matt Cain, who is on the disabled list with an elbow injury.

UPDATE: ESPN’s Buster Olney reports that the Red Sox will receive prospect pitchers Edwin Escobar and Heath Hembree in return. Both are pretty legit prospects, but it helps that the Red Sox are apparently sending some money to the Giants in the deal.

Escobar, a 22-year-old left-hander, was No. 56 on Baseball America‘s preseason list and has posted a 5.11 ERA and 96/37 K/BB ratio over 111 innings this season with Triple-A Fresno. Hembree, a 25-year-old right-hander is a relief pitcher with a big arm. He made nine appearances with the Giants last season, but has pitched exclusively in Triple-A this year, posting a 3.89 ERA and 46/13 K/BB ratio over 39 1/3 innings

Last edited: