The Official SF Giants 2014 Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Also.......Posey is a tad bit over rated in my book.

No hate. Just being honest.
Shut UP! He didnt hit well in the series... HE has carried our team for the last 5 years, minus a broken leg one year.... He is a Rookie of the Year, MVP, and 3x World Champion in his first 5 years. He hits nearly .300 or better every year.

AND your royals set the base paths on fire in the wild card game, the divisional series and the ALCS..... How many bases yall steal in the World Series? 1. So hush your hatin ass face!!!!!!

And get the fuck out our thread, we are DONE waxin' that Royal ass (No homo) to collect our 3rd ring in 5 years.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Dutch has a vagina.

I think I bruised it.
Dutch provided some excellent points.

All through the series buck and Reynolds kept commenting on the punishment of catching a full year. Posey is arguably the best catcher in the league.....

And to add to Dutch Posey achievements
3× World Series champion (2010, 2012, 2014)
NL MVP (2012)
2× MLB All-Star (2012-2013)
NL batting champion (2012)
NL Hank Aaron Award (2012)
Silver Slugger Award (2012)
NL Comeback Player of the Year (2012)
Willie Mac Award (2012)
NL Rookie of the Year (2010)
Golden Spikes Award (2008)
He's also caught perfect games and no hitters....

His career ba is 308

He struggled cuz he carried the team and was clearly worn out

Jun 23, 2005
Who would u guys rate higher at the position than posey? Yadier Molina is regarded as the best catcher in the game but he hit 282 with 7 home runs and 38 rbi

Posey hit 311 with 22 and 89 rbi. He might not be the best defensive catcher but he does just fine behind the plate, calling the game and throwing runners out. The royals barely stole on him this series. He hits better than every other catcher in the league. So how the hell is he overrated?

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Who would u guys rate higher at the position than posey? Yadier Molina is regarded as the best catcher in the game but he hit 282 with 7 home runs and 38 rbi

Posey hit 311 with 22 and 89 rbi. He might not be the best defensive catcher but he does just fine behind the plate, calling the game and throwing runners out. The royals barely stole on him this series. He hits better than every other catcher in the league. So how the hell is he overrated?
Exactly

Yadier, Posey, Salvador Perez, lucroy and yan Gomez are the elite catchers

Jan 5, 2006
Yadier is the far superior catcher defensively. Offense wise... Posey gets the edge.

Who's a better catcher than either? Tough one... Lucroy from the Brewers pretty good...

Pablo Sandoval.... I always remind people he used to be a catcher, most bandwagons would never know that.

Apr 25, 2002
Posey can be extremely streaky (sometimes he'll hit like Ted Williams and sometimes he'll hit like Ted Lilly,) and the Buster Posey rule was some bitch shit that probably never would have been implemented if Buster wasn't a popular white player that the MLB wanted to make one of the faces of baseball, but I wouldn't call him overrated.

That being said, I also wouldn't say he's the reason the Royals running game was slowed down in the World Series... They ran a LOT on catchers that don't throw a many guys out (Norris, Conger, Iannetta) so it kinda gave the impression that they were constantly stealing. They didn't run on the Orioles much, either. There's also this:

Giants water down infield in effort to slow down Royals

Posey needs to work on his baserunning though... Getting thrown out on the basepaths five times in a postseason is terrible.