The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I think this whole morales thing is absolutely hilarious though. He wanted like 30mil for 3 years and we caved in and were willing to pay, but he still left lol. On the twins he got 1yr 12million, sucked ass there so they give him back to us. It sucks we lost a reliever over that scrubs greed but its funny no matter what he did he couldn't escape jack z's clutches lmao. I hope being on the losing twins humbled him and now he plays for us... I don't know why he hates it here so much but so did beltre. This guy is no beltre

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
And let the free fall begin....

This is what happens when the teams ahead of you make moves, and you sit on your fuckin hands and dont do shit. This offense is shit. Averaging 2.2 runs over the last 14 games.
If you've been watching the mariners have proven streaky all year. Also we had a 9 game skid that we bounced back from.

I'm not ready to buy what you're selling. Not til its completely over lol

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Felix, Young and Iwakuma now have the #1, #9, and #11 ERAs in the American League.

Mariners pitching overall is 1st in WHIP, 1st in BAA, and 2nd in ERA across the entire MLB. They're also 2nd in opponent OBP and SLG, tied for first in opponent OPS.
Attendance is up 20%. Cano and seager are solid all star bats. Seager is 1st in WAR for his position, over donaldson. Michael saunders improved a lot but unfortunately is getting injured. Ackley is finally showing that he can progress.... still has far to go.

Sure our offense is terrible still but last year playoffs and wild card discussion wouldve been laughable vs it being a small possibility. Dont give up yet anybody lol

May 9, 2002
Attendance is up 20%. Cano and seager are solid all star bats. Seager is 1st in WAR for his position, over donaldson. Michael saunders improved a lot but unfortunately is getting injured. Ackley is finally showing that he can progress.... still has far to go.

Sure our offense is terrible still but last year playoffs and wild card discussion wouldve been laughable vs it being a small possibility. Dont give up yet anybody lol
M's are also last in OPS in the majors. We have great pitching, but next to no hitting. Cano looks lackadaisical out there half the time. Seager cant hit on the road, and Saunders cant stay healthy. And you'll have to excuse me if i dont trust Ackley. One good month doesnt make up for all the bad ones this year.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
M's are also last in OPS in the majors. We have great pitching, but next to no hitting. Cano looks lackadaisical out there half the time. Seager cant hit on the road, and Saunders cant stay healthy. And you'll have to excuse me if i dont trust Ackley. One good month doesnt make up for all the bad ones this year.
Those are solid facts and also educated opinions based on the product so far. However I have blind homerism faith that we can still make something happen lol.

Also that's just who cano is. I'd rather he be relaxed and just doing his job vs stressing himself out or getting himself injured. Just by being on the team he makes it better, he doesn't have to play the fiery leader. Someone else needs to fill that role on the batting side, and at some point these guys need to perform

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Cano is injured. He has a sore hamstring. But even before that, he tends to not hustle as hard as he good around the bags. If he gave just 10% more effort, he would be even better.
I dunno man. My friend says the same shit. He especially hates on cano for "not being clutch". I don't know what he wants cano to do, go 5/5 every single game with 5 homeruns? The guy is batting fuckin .330 and he's the best most consistent hitter we've had for years. Ichiro may have had numbers but he obviously didn't make any impact at all.

Cano can do what he wants. People say he doesn't hustle, whatever lol. He hustles to make defensive plays and is our most consistent hitter by far

Apr 25, 2002
I dunno man. My friend says the same shit. He especially hates on cano for "not being clutch". I don't know what he wants cano to do, go 5/5 every single game with 5 homeruns? The guy is batting fuckin .330 and he's the best most consistent hitter we've had for years. Ichiro may have had numbers but he obviously didn't make any impact at all.

Cano can do what he wants. People say he doesn't hustle, whatever lol. He hustles to make defensive plays and is our most consistent hitter by far
Not clutch, not enough grit and lacking in hustle. Probably doesn't stand on the top step of the dugout or dive head first into first base very often. The A's would be happy to give the Mariners someone with heart for Robinson Cano like Nick Punto provided the M's also send cash to cover most of his contract.

May 9, 2002
Cano's batting splits:

None On: .322
Runners On: .338
Scoring Position: .354
Bases Loaded: .333
Leading Off: .358
Scoring Position, 2 Out: .345
Great numbers, however how many of those came with a lead as opposed to behind? His RISPAVG was 1st in the league for a long time, but while behind, he was batting in the low .200's i believe. Its the same crap that Yankees' fans said about him when he was there, however its less pressure when you play with a team full of guys that arent AAAA hitters. Here, he sticks out like a sore thumb. Im glad that he is hitting +.330...great. But, if you arent getting key hits at key times, what good is it? Cano hadnt had an RBI in 14 games. 14. The M's have been PUTRID hitters lately, in the sense that they cant string together hits and they havent been hitting very many XBH...Cano included.

Watching this team the last 3 weeks has been borderline horrifying. Lots of online bloggers (and forum posters) have referred to our team as the "clown show". Thats exactly what it seems like. We aint makin it to the playoffs this year...we have overachieved for more than half a season, but our luck has run out. You cant win games without scoring more than your opponent, no matter how many great pitchers you have.

Bring on the Seahawks.

Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
I can't count this team out yet for the simple fact we have one of the best if not the best starting rotations and also the bullpen is one of the best as well. Were 1.5 games back from a wild card spot, cry me a fucking river.... Look at all the teams we have a better record then or right there with in the standings. The Mariners are still in the thick of it. The season is long and if you count them out now your a dumb ass. Go Mariners fuck the doubters!

This is the best season this team has had in how many years? How can you not enjoy being a Mariners fan this year? I don't get it.

Last edited:
Props: BUTCHER 206
May 9, 2002
I can't count this team out yet for the simple fact we have one of the best if not the best starting rotations and also the bullpen is one of the best as well. Were 1.5 games back from a wild card spot, cry me a fucking river.... Look at all the teams we have a better record then or right there with in the standings. The Mariners are still in the thick of it. The season is long and if you count them out now your a dumb ass. Go Mariners fuck the doubters!

This is the best season this team has had in how many years? How can you not enjoy being a Mariners fan this year? I don't get it.
Then im a dumb ass, and so are a lto to knowledgeable baseball fans and analyzers. It doesn't take a microscope to see that this team is in trouble. You can only win so many games with the amount of runs (or lack thereof) this team is scoring. And speaking of pitching staffs, has there ever been a team that puts so much on their shoulders to win? Good grief. The offense has been putting so much pressure on the pitchers, they they are finally starting to crack. Also, the defense is starting to come undone. We were once the top defense team in the Al...we have committed a number of errors of just the last 2 weeks. On top of that, mental mistakes.

You can go on believing that this team is "still in it", but we have only won 3 of the last 10 games. We have scored more than 2 runs only 4 times in the last 10 games. We are averaging just over 2 runs in the last 15 games. Stop and think about that for a second. And within that time, the other teams have now caught up and PASSED us, teams like the Yankees who got BETTER through trades in the last 2 weeks. The M's didn't do shit but go and get Morales. Big fuckin whoop. We are 27th in OPS, 25th in runs, 23rd in AVG, 25th in XBH. Thats a disaster.

You can only overachieve for so long, before the laws of averages catch up to you.

May 9, 2002
How? What makes you think we can miraculously right this ship? Please, give us some insight. When other teams get better around you that are in the hunt, and YOU dont...you tend to fall behind the pack.

Guess who has scored the fewest runs in the month of July? Yeah, you guessed it!

On any given night, this team is putting up at least 3 sub .220 hitters. I mean...wow. Its fuckin mind blowing.