The Official 2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
looks like the playoffs will be expanded not this season but most likely next one

Goodell says support for expanded playoffs is “tremendous”

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell seems fully on board with adding two playoff teams.

Although the owners have not yet voted to expand the postseason to 14 teams, it sounds like just a matter of time, based on the comments Goodell made at the league meeting today.

“We had a good discussion on it on several fronts,” Goodell said. “As you know, the Competition Committee has been looking at this for a couple of years. We have discussed it in various committees, including broadcasting. We had a full discussion on the floor with the owners and other executives this week. I think there’s a tremendous amount of interest in this, possibly even to the point of support, but there are also things we still want to make sure we do it right. We’ve been very incremental in trying to do this, but we believe competitively it could make even our races toward the end of our season even more exciting with more teams vying for playoff positions, which is great for our fans. We still want to do some additional work, including talking with the players association. We have a scheduled meeting set for April 8. This will be one of the things we’ll probably discuss and then we’ll also have to talk to broadcast partners and there are some scheduling issues that we still need to work through.”

It seems unlikely that the league will expand the playoffs for the 2014 season. But it looks like it’s going to get done in 2015.

Nov 18, 2010
Why? I understand if they add more teams but wtf 2 wild card spots makes sense, why must Goddell fuck with it?

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but how the hell does 14 teams work? Does the top seed get a bye to championship game now or some shit???

Also Moreno to the Fins.

Last edited:

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Desean Jackson released by Eagles. Apparently they were concerned about his gang connections or something
said he banging crip. he probably is affiliated but never got jumped in,who knows. but after aaron hernandez, nfl execs aint taking any chances and or will use it as an excuse to release a player. all in all his attitude stinks and i hope this humbles him before he goes to his next team.

Nov 18, 2010
Desean is one of the whiniest and most cocky dudes in the NFL yet one of the dumbest. Yeah he definitely is a beast but retarded plays like dropping the ball at the 1 yard line smh.

Also Ryan Clark meeting with seahawks.... Seriously if hawks grab Clark I'm gonna blow up centurylink.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Why? I understand if they add more teams but wtf 2 wild card spots makes sense, why must Goddell fuck with it?

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but how the hell does 14 teams work? Does the top seed get a bye to championship game now or some shit???

Also Moreno to the Fins.
all for the revenue breh

And that could be a good fit for Moreno

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
he will be a free agent again next season he was bitching bout a new contract when he just signed 1 the year before was gonna make 10.5 million this season

Jackson deal not signed yet, full guarantee will be $16 million

The Redskins and receiver DeSean Jackson have indeed agreed to terms. According to a league source, the terms have not yet been put to paper and signed. It’s expected to be reviewed and signed later this morning.

Darren Heitner of Forbes.com has reported that the deal is worth $24 million over three years, with $16 million guaranteed. And that’s $16 million fully guaranteed. Upon signing. Money in the bank.

Per our source, the guarantee is $16 million — and the $16 million will be fully guaranteed that moment Jackson puts his Hancock on the contract.

At first blush, that’s not a bad deal for a guy who made a belated entry to the free-agency market, under questionable circumstances and with vague leverage. We’re hoping to get a full breakdown of bonuses and base salaries and incentives (if any) after the deal is inked