Michael Jordan Is Leaving Chicago to Play For Detroit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
He quit in the playoffs, if anyone is to blame for the payoff loss, it is him. You can't expect the team to step it up when your superstar quits

Feb 13, 2006
I too believe he quit in the Playoffs. Against Boston he wasn't taking it to the rim like he was in other playoff games such as against the Pistons. His team was down w/ plenty of opportunities to come back and all he did was pass the ball. I was thinking after that series that this fool lost on purpose so he can get out of Cle. It's the perfect excuse "I wan't to go somewhere and win champoinships". If he had won in Cle, there's no way he could leave town after winning a championship. I'm glad his former owner called him out on that.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
ahahahahaha you ever thought he couldnt carry his team anymore that he ran out of gas its hard to carry your team 82 games of the season let alone the extra games in the playoffs look at wade he tried so many times but just got gassed in the playoffs

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Lebron doesn't care about anyone but himself. It takes one heartless dude to turn ur back on your hometown and the team that made him
Lots of people could care less about their hometown. Heck 99.99% of the people here in the bay area don't even support hometown music artists. The majority listens to mainstream which = East Coast, south.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
have you guys watches the Cavs in the playoffs year in and year out?

with the exception of those few games this past season and maybe a couple games here and there, Lebron has played incredible in the playoffs... and his teams consistently fucking sucks in the playoffs... don't base his whole playoff career off a couple games where he played shitty

and rumor is he quit because of that whole situation with the rumors about Delonte West fuckin his mom.... did everyone forget about that shit???

that could be a huge reason as to why he wanted to leave Cleveland... can you blame him? I think Delonte West is still on the team too... sure they could cut him, but maybe other players knew about it and never told Lebron, so he's mad at the team in general

wouldn't you be mad if that happened to you??

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Michael Jordan announced on national television he's leaving Chicago to join the Detroit Pistons. Jordan said it was tough to bolt Chicago, where he was the most popular athlete in many years, because he thinks he has a better chance to win a championship if he plays with Pistons star Isiah Thomas. Jordan said by playing together, he and Thomas "won't have the pressure of going out and scoring 30 every night."

That would have sounded absurd, right? Well, it is no more absurd than what LeBron James is doing. Jordan was 27 years old in 1990, slightly older than James is now. He had never been to the NBA Finals. He had been beaten up by the Celtics and Pistons for years. He doubted his supporting cast was good enough.

But he never doubted himself.

Read the rest here:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...nberg/07/08/lebron.event/index.html?eref=sihp

Brilliant! Hahahahahaha! I loved it. Got Em!!

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
have you guys watches the Cavs in the playoffs year in and year out?

with the exception of those few games this past season and maybe a couple games here and there, Lebron has played incredible in the playoffs... and his teams consistently fucking sucks in the playoffs... don't base his whole playoff career off a couple games where he played shitty

and rumor is he quit because of that whole situation with the rumors about Delonte West fuckin his mom.... did everyone forget about that shit???

that could be a huge reason as to why he wanted to leave Cleveland... can you blame him? I think Delonte West is still on the team too... sure they could cut him, but maybe other players knew about it and never told Lebron, so he's mad at the team in general

wouldn't you be mad if that happened to you??
Is this what you would expect from a player who is truly committed to winning? Would Jordan or Kobe do this?

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I WOULD QUITE TO IF MY TEAM WASN'T STEPPING UP.. WHY SHOULD A PLAYER PLAY THERE HEART OUT WHEN THE TEAMS NOT
Jordan was doing it in the 80s, Kobe was doing it in the mid 00s with Smush and Kwame. They were leaving their hearts on the floor. Lebron quit multiple times, when he still had a perfectly good chance to make it.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Is this what you would expect from a player who is truly committed to winning? Would Jordan or Kobe do this?
YES! Kobe almost did leave LA... wtf are you talking about?

Lebron put himself in a better situation... that means "he's truly committed to winning"

your logic sucks

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I was talking about quitting on the court because a teammate did your mom
Kobe quit on the court before too

remember in the playoffs a few years ago... game 7 against the Suns?

check it out... Kobe quit

he's done it more than once

and I dunno if he necessarily QUIT, but his head probably just wasn't in the game... and he probably felt like "fuck my teammates"

some shit is bigger than basketball

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Not even close.

The Lakers gave up 4 players (one of which was Marc Gasol) and 2 first round picks; that is far from "nothing". And if you're refering to Jerry West, he retired the year before they made that trade - it was Chris Wallace who gave up Pau Gasol.

:siccness:
so what youre saying is you would trade marc gasol and what those 2 picks turned out to be for gasol even up? i doubt it. lets get fucking real here.

Mar 18, 2003
No, that's not what I'm saying. I mean, what are we talking about here? He said the Lakers gave up "nothing" for Gasol and that "west" gave him up to the Lakers. Both statements were incorrect. I simply pointed that out.

Jul 5, 2009
Just Blame Delonte West!! LOL
That and LeBron's elbow. Imagine how the tension was in the locker room. I can't think of somethin more embarrassing than one of yo wacko ass wierd lookin teammates fuckin yo moms and you gotta see this muthafucka everyday and the pressure on you NOT to kill or seriously maim his ass is at high level. Fuck.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
That and LeBron's elbow. Imagine how the tension was in the locker room. I can't think of somethin more embarrassing than one of yo wacko ass wierd lookin teammates fuckin yo moms and you gotta see this muthafucka everyday and the pressure on you NOT to kill or seriously maim his ass is at high level. Fuck.
the worst part about it is Lebron did anything Delonte could just destroy him on the mic

Jul 5, 2009
WHY ALL THE LEBRON HATE... THE CAVS COULDN'T GET NOBODY TO COME PLAY WITH LEBRON. BOSH SAID NO NOT HAPPENING IN CLEVLAND.. THEY GOT MOE BUT HE FROZE UP DURING THE PLAYOFFS.. SHAQ DIDN'T DO SHIT,JAMISON IS WASHED.. YOU CAN ONLY TRY TO DO IT ON YOUR OWN FOR SO LONG BEFORE YOU GET TIRED.. CATS ALWAYS PUT JORDAN ON THIS BIG MANTEL LIKE HE WAS THE ONLY PLAYER DOING IT ON THE BULLS.. COME ON DAME NEAR EVERYBODY JORDAN PLAYED WITH ON THAT TEAM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED TO THE HALL OF FAME AND THE REST ARE GOING TO GET ACCEPTED ALSO.. JORDAN ACTUALLY HAD BETTER PLAYERS THEN KOBE DOES NOW.. IM HAPPY WITH THE MOVE DUDE DID,HE IS TRYING NOT TO END UP LIKE IVERSON. TO TIRED AND BEAT UP REALLY TO COMPETE. NOBODY WANTS TO EVEN HAVE IVERSON ON THERE TEAM RIGHT NOW. HE WAS LOYAL FOR THE MOST PART NOW HES A DONE DEAL HE'LL ONLY BE KNOWN AS A GREAT PLAYER. LEBRON WANTS TO BE KNOWN AS A GREAT AND A CHAMPION THATS WHY HE MADE THE MOVE AND TOOK THE 30 MILL PAY CUT
You mean Pippen, Rodman and a really old Robert Parrish? Those are the only players Jordan played with that belong in the HOF unless i'm missing somebody.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
ur right about that. I was so pissed when Baron left the W's so a lot of us can relate to a Cavs fan right about now and some of u need to realize its not ok what he did regardless if ur a fan of his, yall need to fallback. The question is why wasn't he willing to take a pay cut in Cleveland if he wants to win so badly?
LOL

This isn't even close to Baron leaving the Warriors.

Baron and the Warriors might have won another playoff series, if they were lucky. Lebron made that team, that city, that fucking state relevant, and made them contenders. He was an MVP, scoring champ, and one of the top players in the league.

Baron's Warriors were like a junior high team compared to Lebron's Cavs.

And I hate Cleveland.

Love Baron, but come on...''we can relate''...that's like saying you can relate to someone losing a family member, because you remember when Saved by the Bell went off the air.