Josh Shaw and USC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
So, who has been following this one?

USC senior cornerback Josh Shaw has admitted to lying about how he suffered his ankle injuries last weekend and has been suspended indefinitely, the school said in a statement Wednesday.

Shaw said he suffered a pair of high ankle sprains Saturday night after jumping from the second story of an apartment complex to save his 7-year-old nephew, who was struggling in the pool. Shaw said his nephew did not know how to swim.

Head coach Steve Sarkisian said Tuesday the school received several calls questioning the authenticity of Shaw's story and had been investigating the matter.

"We are extremely disappointed in Josh," Sarkisian said in the statement. "He let us all down. As I have said, nothing in his background led us to doubt him when he told us of his injuries, nor did anything after our initial vetting of his story.

"I appreciate that Josh has now admitted that he lied and has apologized. Although this type of behavior is out of character for Josh, it is unacceptable. Honesty and integrity must be at the center of our program. I believe Josh will learn from this. I hope that he will not be defined by this incident, and that the Trojan Family will accept his apology and support him."

The school did not specify in its statement how Shaw actually sustained his injuries. Shortly after USC issued its statement, Shaw released his own statement in which he said he injured himself "in a fall."

"I made up a story about this fall that was untrue," Shaw said. "I was wrong not to tell the truth. I apologize to USC for this action on my part. My USC coaches, The USC Athletic Department, and especially coach Sarkisian have all been supportive of me during my college career and for that, I am very grateful."

USC Trojans' Josh Shaw suspended indefinitely after admitting to lie - ESPN Los Angeles

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
So what actually happened? Cuz at first it was him sayin he saved his nephew or cousin then people told the coach he was runnin from police then police said they had no record of anything happening with him

Hella confused

Props: Mr G and Mr G
May 9, 2002
So what actually happened? Cuz at first it was him sayin he saved his nephew or cousin then people told the coach he was runnin from police then police said they had no record of anything happening with him

Hella confused
He hasnt disclosed the story yet. The fact that he hired a criminal defense lawyer should tell you something, though...

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
it tells me that he hired a lawyer. I dunno, I'm not on that cop way of thinking that only the guilty hire lawyers....but the whole thing is kinda crazy

May 9, 2002
it tells me that he hired a lawyer. I dunno, I'm not on that cop way of thinking that only the guilty hire lawyers....but the whole thing is kinda crazy
His original story had him saving a life of a child. It then came out that someone called the cops on him. Thats my point. You dont go from hero to "suspect" without something being up. He hired a defense lawyer becuase he might be in trouble for what sounds like theft.