Golden St. Warriors 13-14 thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
is it true that we copped barbosa?
Report: Warriors agree to sign Leandro Barbosa | CSN Bay Area

The Warriors have reached an agreement with guard Leandro Barbosa for the 2014-15 NBA season, according to an ESPN report.

The deal is reportedly for one year at the veteran minimum.

Golden State signed Shaun Livingston this offseason, but a recent procedure on his toe could jeopardize the guard's participation in training camp and the team was looking for depth at the position.

Barbosa, 31, is an 11-year NBA veteran whose 7.5 points and 18.4 minute averages last year with the Suns were down from his career averages of 11.9 points and 23.7 minutes per game.

Barbosa is currently in Spain, preparing to compete for Brazil in the upcoming FIBA World Cup.

After spending his first eight seasons in Phoenix, Barbosa has played for the Toronto Raptors, Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics.

Props: :ab: and :ab:
Sep 26, 2013
that espn ranking is retarded.

did anyone else hear about the warriors looking at mozgov and one other nuggets player?

i cant find it anywhere now but i hella remember seeing it somewhere..

Jan 18, 2006
Looking like Klay will be gone before the season starts. Dumb ass Warriors missed there chance from multiple teams to cash in on him.

Klay Thompson Agent Wants Max Deal Before Deadline (Oct.31)

Klay Thompson and the Golden State Warriors have until Oct. 31 to reach a new contract extension. Faliure to reach a deal would lead to Thompson becoming a restricted free agent in 2015, a scenario he and his agent prefer to avoid.

Bill Duffy is widely known to be demanding a maximum deal for Thompson and sees the shooting guard as the best two-guard in the NBA.

"I don't want (Los Angeles Lakers star) Kobe Bryant to go crazy, but there's some uncertainty as to who he is right now (because of injuries that limited him to six games last season),"
Duffy said. "But I think Klay Thompson right now is the top two-way, two-guard in basketball. I think when you look at his body of work, when you look at what he accomplished guarding point guards on a regular basis (last season), I think it's pretty clear."

Thompson last season posted career highs in points (18.4 per game), field-goal percentage (44.4%) and three-point percentage (41.7%), and he typically guarded the opposing team's best perimeter player. Thompson followed the NBA season by averaging 12.7 points per game for Team USA.

Joe Lacob did not discuss a possible extension for Thompson but made it clear that he is seen as a major priority.

"We love Klay," Lacob said in an e-mail. "He is clearly an integral part of our team and our future. I remember sitting courtside at Stanford Pac-12 games watching Klay at (Washington State) for three years. I thought he could be a prototype big shooting guard in the NBA and we targeted him in the draft and were ecstatic to be able to draft him at (No.) 11 in the first round.

"We traded an excellent guard freeing up a starting spot for him and, as is known, despite many requests from other teams over the last few years, we have continued to bet on his continued development. We are very proud that he is a Warrior and also of his major contribution on this year's USA Basketball team. We are looking forward to a great year for Klay, the Splash Brothers and the Warriors."

Via Sam Amick/USA Today

Jun 23, 2002
i read what you posted twice to try to see what the fuck you mean klay is gonna be gone before the season LOL. NOTHING in that article would even suggest that's the case. even if he did leave its next year and even so hes restricted so the warriors can match. klay is gonna get the max before the season starts anyway. warriors have the money if thats what youre thinking. smh man youre logic sometimes baffles me.

you think warriors are like 'ok, let's see, lose klay to get love? hmm, nah let's keep him. and hey, let's lose klay for nothing too!'

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
i read what you posted twice to try to see what the fuck you mean klay is gonna be gone before the season LOL. NOTHING in that article would even suggest that's the case. even if he did leave its next year and even so hes restricted so the warriors can match. klay is gonna get the max before the season starts anyway. warriors have the money if thats what youre thinking. smh man youre logic sometimes baffles me.

you think warriors are like 'ok, let's see, lose klay to get love? hmm, nah let's keep him. and hey, let's lose klay for nothing too!'
obviously you missed the small print

Klay Thompson Agent Wants Max Deal Before Deadline (Oct.31)

Klay Thompson and the Golden State Warriors have until Oct. 31 to reach a new contract extension. Faliure to reach a deal would lead to Thompson becoming a restricted free agent in 2015, a scenario he and his agent prefer to avoid. Klay will be leaving haha

Bill Duffy is widely known to be demanding a maximum deal for Thompson and sees the shooting guard as the best two-guard in the NBA.

"I don't want (Los Angeles Lakers star) Kobe Bryant to go crazy, but there's some uncertainty as to who he is right now (because of injuries that limited him to six games last season)," Duffy said. "But I think Klay Thompson right now is the top two-way, two-guard in basketball. I think when you look at his body of work, when you look at what he accomplished guarding point guards on a regular basis (last season), I think it's pretty clear."

Thompson last season posted career highs in points (18.4 per game), field-goal percentage (44.4%) and three-point percentage (41.7%), and he typically guarded the opposing team's best perimeter player. Thompson followed the NBA season by averaging 12.7 points per game for Team USA.

Joe Lacob did not discuss a possible extension for Thompson but made it clear that he is seen as a major priority.

"We love Klay," Lacob said in an e-mail. "He is clearly an integral part of our team and our future. I remember sitting courtside at Stanford Pac-12 games watching Klay at (Washington State) for three years. I thought he could be a prototype big shooting guard in the NBA and we targeted him in the draft and were ecstatic to be able to draft him at (No.) 11 in the first round.

"We traded an excellent guard freeing up a starting spot for him and, as is known, despite many requests from other teams over the last few years, we have continued to bet on his continued development. We are very proud that he is a Warrior and also of his major contribution on this year's USA Basketball team. We are looking forward to a great year for Klay, the Splash Brothers and the Warriors."

Via Sam Amick/USA Today

Jan 18, 2006

Im saying there deadline is not gonna be met. Hes gonna get traded probably. Hes been acting like a hoe every since he was potentially gonna be traded 2 months ago also. Warriors front office must know they cant let a disgruntled player start all season for them, he wouldnt have the motivation to good for them.

Hopefully other teams will see a high value in Klay and overrate him like some people on here lol cuz hes not gonna get any where near the money he wants. Hes as good as gone and this agent of his just probably destroyed any chance him staying with the Warriors. I doubt the Warriors would be dumb just to let him walk and not get anything out of it

Last edited:

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Im saying there deadline is not gonna be met. Hes gonna get traded probably. Hes been acting like a hoe every since he was potentially gonna be traded 2 months ago also. Warriors front office must know they cant let a disgruntled player start all season for them, he wouldnt have the motivation to good for them.

Hopefully other teams will see a high value in Klay and overrate him like some people on here lol cuz hes not gonna get any where near the money he wants. Hes as good as gone and this agent of his just probably destroyed any chance him staying with the Warriors. I doubt the Warriors would be dumb just to let him walk and not get anything out of it
He will ball this year without an extension. He'll wanna prove to the teams with money he deserves a max deal.

Jun 23, 2002

unfortunately in the nba a lot of players that dont deserve it get the #cashout. i dont think klay is worth a max personally but the market price is really what matters. i dont think klay is disgruntled at all but what do i know. i still think he gets extended before 10/31