Golden St. Warriors 13-14 thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
I thought it was only 1 year. What kind of $?
Brandon Rush very near two-year deal with Golden State

LAS VEGAS — The Warriors have one of the best starting backcourts in the NBA in Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, and they made a nice pickup adding Shaun Livingston as a backup this summer. But they still could use a little more depth.

That turns out to be Brandon Rush.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports broke the story that the two sides were very close to a deal .

A league source familiar with the talks confirmed to ProBasketballTalk (and Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders) that a deal indeed was near and very well could be done by the end of the day.

This is a two-year, $2.5 million deal, Wojnarowski reports.

Rush, coming off an ACL tear that limited his time in Utah last season, held a private workout in Las Vegas Tuesday and was moving well, according to Kyler.

Before going to Utah Rush averaged 9.8 points and 3.9 rebounds for the Warriors in the 2012 season.

He could see some real run, but how well he defends will determine how much he gets under new coach Steve Kerr.

Jan 18, 2006
shit just got real again

Warriors including Klay in the possible trade for Love

For what has seemed like forever by now, the Golden State Warriors and the Minnesota Timberwolves have been flirting with one another on a possible deal for Kevin Love. The one snag they continually hit was that the Warriors refused to make sharpshooter Klay Thompson available, bu that might be changing after the Cavaliers sweetened their offer on Thursday with Andrew Wiggins.

According to Basketball Insiders, apparently the Cavaliers making the bold move of putting Wiggins on the table scared the Warriors just enough in their pursuit of Love that they are now willing to put Thompson in the package, presumably along with David Lee and Harrison Barnes.

"David Lee and Harrison Barnes are expected to be a part of the deal as well. No trade is imminent, but the Warriors are willing to do whatever it takes to land Love now – even if that means letting go of a franchise favorite in Thompson."

For a while there, the Love talks died down a bit, but now they are hotter than ever, with a lot of circumstances surrounding the situation.

Aside from the report on Thursday that the Cavaliers offered up Wiggins, Adrian Wojnarowski also reported that LeBron James himself recently phoned Love to gauge his interest in heading to Cleveland to play for the Cavaliers and chase some championships.

Now it seems as if the Warriors are now going to try and fight not only the Cavaliers off for the top player on the trade market, but the King himself. And now that even includes having to say goodbye to Thompson, one of the best young shooters in the NBA today.

http://fansided.com/2014/07/18/kevi...e-klay-thompson-available-cavs-offer-wiggins/

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2006
I agree, T-Wolves would definitely have to give Kevin Martin also. Im willing to give Barnes another year, trade Klay and D-Lee cuz of contracts/upcoming contracts.

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
Honestly I'd rather keep Klay, Barnes, and Lee (who is supposedly working on his 3 point shooting). Steph's numbers would probably go down if Klay gets traded, other teams will just double team Steph with no other sharpshooter next to him. Warriors just need to keep improving the bench, they've made good moves bringing in Livingston & Rush, now they just need one more player who can play both PF/C positions... was hoping Speights could be that guy but dude is trash. I'd rather replace him with Ekpe Udoh

Last edited:

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
I was reading an article the other day and many NBA people feel Kevin love is very overrated. I personally would love to have him, but they say his body makeup and "big fish in a small pond" make him not as good as advertised.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
I was reading an article the other day and many NBA people feel Kevin love is very overrated. I personally would love to have him, but they say his body makeup and "big fish in a small pond" make him not as good as advertised.
i hella agree. what is the best player on one of the worst teams really worth? dude aint.never been to the playoffs either (it's the west but still)

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
The Wolves are tryna start a bidding war they prolly started that rumor. I heard the Cavs were offering Wiggins and Anthony Bennett. I'd take that trade over this one. Lol @ Love being overrated. He's obviously drawing all the other teams defensive attention. You can have inflated stats on a shitty team but you'll have a bad FG%. Love doesn't and he rebounds like fuckin Barkley. He's not overrated.

Jan 18, 2006
But but but Klay is a top 5 shooting guard, i told foo's he wasnt. Kobe isnt ranked cuz not really playing last season. We know hes obviously better. They were generous to even put Klay ahead of Stephonson and Ginobli lol wtf. Ginobli is a future hall of famer.

Moral of the story Klay isnt even top 10 yet the Warriors wouldnt pull the trigger on the trade for Love. Now we stuck with no defense/rebounding Lee and a shooting guard that should average at least 22 a game but is so inconsistent cuz of not being aggressive often enough that settles for outside shots and is either hot or cold

ESPN RANKS TOP 10 SHOOTING GUARDS.
1: James Harden.
2: Dwyane Wade.
3: Monta Ellis.
4: Jimmy Butler.
5: Dion Waiters.
6: Tyreke Evans.
7: Victor Oladipo.
8: Klay Thompson.
9: Manu Ginobili.
10: Lance Stephenson.

Last edited:

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
klay's defense is dope tho and he puts hella effort, can't expect him to guard the other team's best player AND get 20+. he was on cp3 against the clips in the offs, for example. think he averaged like 18 points/game or something in the regular season. Love is dope but we were gonna be giving up too much to get him

Iono bout dion waiters, tyreke Evans, jimmy butler or monta being better than klay at this point (j butler is real tho)