2014 Oakland Athletics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
regarding the A's/M's "rivalry"...some very interesting stats. From another message board:

"The loss yesterday left the teams even for the season at 7-7.

The A's won the first two series of the year with the Noesi extra-inning walk off disaster among those losses.

But even after yesterday they have only outscored the M's 45 to 44 for 2013.

From 2011 to the present the A's and M's have played 71 games with the A's winning 36 and the M's 35. This during a time when they were both bad (2011) and then the A's contenders starting in 2012 with the M's still bad and then this year when both contended."

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
saw him shit talkin the fans the night before so i figured hed get the save yesterday. closers pitch better when their all worked up.

he wears his hat like a retard tho, so fuck him

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
god damn. this the kind of shit we would see in the 08 09 seasons, except we werent in a pennant race.

moss needs to be benched. flat out. let him watch the rookies play.

frieman? might have a future as a dh after a few more learning years, but first baseman? no. fuck no. 1 to nothing game, gamble defense for offense pinch hitting frieman. he doesnt hit, and makes a few bad plays...

our bullpen? uh where did the confidence go? these dudes look nervous on the mound. our defense isnt helping much either.

samardzija's luck with his team not scoring runs has really carried over. he pitched a great game and his team couldnt score more than 1 run?

fuck. First time in the season where im actually worried.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2009
Wow wtf is happening to the A's? They lost again. My explanation is the Cespedes trade. I called this when the trade happened. If it ain't broke don't fix it. You guys were rolling, finding ways to win ball games.

Lester is a great pitcher but you can't just get rid of the face of your franchise like they did. A pitcher takes the field once every few days. Cespedes is an every day player that poses an offensive and defensive threat. I would imagine he was also a great locker room guy

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2006
lol hes not the face of the franchise never was. Hitters that strike out a lot and have under a 2.60 average is not that much of a difference maker. He didnt walk that much either. Its not really hard to understand, the A's lineup just got exposed when Cespedes was removed from it. Not enough good contact hitters in that lineup. Lester has been great for us. The bullpen has also been suspect all year which is something that the A's have been great at in previous years. After the 6th inning it use to be lights out but not this year. Doolittle is like the only one i can say that has been pretty good for us as far as relievers

Apr 25, 2002
Wow wtf is happening to the A's? They lost again. My explanation is the Cespedes trade. I called this when the trade happened. If it ain't broke don't fix it. You guys were rolling, finding ways to win ball games.

Lester is a great pitcher but you can't just get rid of the face of your franchise like they did.
Losing Cespedes isn't why they've been losing games, it's Coco missing games and not hitting well when he was playing hurt, Moss being completely worthless in the 2nd half, Norris having a terrible August, Gray and Kazmir having terrible months, Vogt not hitting, Doolittle getting hurt, etc.

If they held on to Cespedes they wouldn't be any better off than they are now.

Jan 18, 2006
Think about it like this. Who would you rather have as a cleanup Cespedes or Jason Giambi. The A's once had the greatest lineup (2000-2003) for not spending any money on it. Now its not as easy to do without spending money.

Last edited: