Unrealesed Woodie tracks mixtape

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Recently my homie from Homeboy Nation got a hold of a bunch of never before released Woodie tracks by artists who either have tracks for their compilation or tracks for their solo but, they never put it out. The reason being is because either they didn't have money to put out their project, they lost interest in music, they got locked up or they got out of prison and never bothered with the music again. He got permission from A-Wax, B-Dawg and Big Oso Loc for doing it and I was iffy about it at first, but I wanted to hear new tracks so I looked forward to it. the reason I was Iffy was because he was also gonna include verses and tracks from artists of today that were influence by him. it was gonna feature: Doc-9, Yantz, Casper Capone, Tweety, Mental Illness, Baller, tony B and other rappers that Woodie never met. But then before he got the chance to put it out (for free too up on Datpiff mind I add) Lil' Dee put his foot down and spoke on behalf of himself and Moms (Woodie's Mom) and shut down the project. Saying that Wood's mom would "Eat him alive" for putting it out. So these songs and project is no longer gonna happen. What do you guys think? Would you guys have liked for this to be put out anyway? or do you respect Lil' Dee and Moms decision to cancel this project? R.I.P. Woodie

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
Recently my homie from Homeboy Nation got a hold of a bunch of never before released Woodie tracks by artists who either have tracks for their compilation or tracks for their solo but, they never put it out. The reason being is because either they didn't have money to put out their project, they lost interest in music, they got locked up or they got out of prison and never bothered with the music again. He got permission from A-Wax, B-Dawg and Big Oso Loc for doing it and I was iffy about it at first, but I wanted to hear new tracks so I looked forward to it. the reason I was Iffy was because he was also gonna include verses and tracks from artists of today that were influence by him. it was gonna feature: Doc-9, Yantz, Casper Capone, Tweety, Mental Illness, Baller, tony B and other rappers that Woodie never met. But then before he got the chance to put it out (for free too up on Datpiff mind I add) Lil' Dee put his foot down and spoke on behalf of himself and Moms (Woodie's Mom) and shut down the project. Saying that Wood's mom would "Eat him alive" for putting it out. So these songs and project is no longer gonna happen. What do you guys think? Would you guys have liked for this to be put out anyway? or do you respect Lil' Dee and Moms decision to cancel this project? R.I.P. Woodie
It would of never came out cause he didn't get permission from flame.

Oct 26, 2006
www.greenrm420records.com
Ok so ur saying that if I had a track with woodie that I never put out along with a bunch of other rappers that did tha same if u got ahold of these unreleased tracks I don't see y woods mom or ill dee would care I mean most of those features he did I'm sure he got paid by the person wanting him on a track.maybe I misunderstood u but if It seems like there was features he did where the folks didn't ever put it out for whatever reason and honestly I don't see anything wrong with puting them out for free or to make money ud just have to deal with the folks who made the tracks with wood in the first place anyone else shouldn't matter.
Long story short if I had a unrealeashed track with wood I'd put it out no matter what anyone thought but then it would be my track to do whatever I wanted.

May 2, 2009
^ Valid point. If it was just a rapper who held on to a Woodie verse all these years for whatever reason, and just now decided to include it on their album, they wouldn't need anyone's permission. Because that verse is theirs, they paid for it and can do what they want with it. But in this case, it's a 3rd party who acquired a collection of unreleased Woodie material from multiple artists, and is trying to release a compilation under the banner of it being a 'Woodie' project. Which is a cool idea, but I think the family has a say in it if that's the case. And if the family disapproves, then it's a no go. Plus, like silent said, some of those rappers listed aren't up to par in terms of rapping skills.

Oct 26, 2006
It's funny I came on here back in the day and woodie didnt really like what I was doing.il give it to dude had spits I never like any of his music but he could rap.as for beats I just never cared for anything he made his beats just weren't up to par with his raps that's just my opinion know need for big ole speeches y he was so tight.he did make the biggest impact on northern rap for being a Caucasian.

May 2, 2009
It's funny I came on here back in the day and woodie didnt really like what I was doing.il give it to dude had spits I never like any of his music but he could rap.as for beats I just never cared for anything he made his beats just weren't up to par with his raps that's just my opinion know need for big ole speeches y he was so tight.he did make the biggest impact on northern rap for being a Caucasian.
Nobody likes what you're doing

Oct 26, 2006
Nobody likes what you're doing
That's Kool like I ain't feeling this homeboy music never have never will but I'm not gonna waste my time telling people I don't like what they do.cause no matter what someone will like what they doing.and I post here cause Im from salinas and my whole town be about that northern gang bangin lmao.

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
That's Kool like I ain't feeling this homeboy music never have never will but I'm not gonna waste my time telling people I don't like what they do.cause no matter what someone will like what they doing.and I post here cause Im from salinas and my whole town be about that northern gang bangin lmao.
That's kool cause nobody is feeling your music, never have never will.

AlcoholicLoser

I drink a lot of beer
Jun 3, 2002
Oregon Coast
ANY of Woodies beats are better then any beat that you have rapped on

May 16, 2002
I seriously think it's straight disrespectful to add people that Woodie never met to these unreleased tracks.

Like most in here have already stated, it's their songs so they can do whatever they want, but by that same token, out of respect for the deceased leave the tracks as they were and release them. If they sound dated, that's what they're suppose to sound like. No need to add verses & music to modernize it. Everybody knows that's not official.

If some of the songs only have Woodie's verse and no other verses were added at that time, then cut & fade it out after Woddie's verse. Don't add to it trying to make it sound complete.

With that being said, I don't believe you need anybody's permission, but the owners of the original tracks. And leaving it how it was intended to be heard should not be a problem for anybody.

Jul 29, 2009
East Palo Alto, Ca
I think its just comedy how you put down woodies music because of the beats. Comming from somebody who says they were rapping back when woodie was, I would expect better music now, right? Your beats are sick, your bars are trash. If woodie never liked you or what you are about, why post on here anyways?

as far as the mixtape goes.... COME ON DEE!!!!! lol

Jan 7, 2014
They should all come together- and if this supposed
ECCR release is truly released in November like it is supposed to be
They should make all these unheard verses into "ghost tracks"
Like in demons N my sleep.. Whatever happens-
I hope we get some unheard Woodie one way or the other
And there's no bad blood about it with anyone.
RIP Wood!!!

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
1st: wtf would big oso loc have to do with giving permission for a woodie project? Please elaborate because he ain't nobody to be making those kind of calls.

2nd: I don't care for cholo rap anymore I think it's retarded but mastermind -elow you're just being blatantly idiotic saying woodies beats were wack and he didn't impact the northern rap as a white boy. Woods music dominated that market more than any Hispanic rapper besides sir dyno, period!

3rd: respect woodies mom's decision.
/end thread