Eddie Vega from the Salad Bowl

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
The little kid formally known as "Birdman" (his childhood nickname,) has now re-emerged a grown man & a new alias. Eddie Vega is back on 2Face Entertainment and working on new material.

Here is a rough draft of his first leak record, "Refuse 2 Fade."

http://www.reverbnation.com/edvega

Feedback is appreciated.

May 16, 2002
Thank you for the feedback and THANK YOU to everyone who has went and listened to Refuse 2 Fade on Eddie Vega's reverbnation page.

He has jumped up 26 spots over night! Going from 71 to 45 on revernation's Hip Hop chart position!

Get at him on facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/EdVegaMusic

We just getting started!

May 16, 2002
Thank you again! I seriously appreciate it.

Eddie Vega @ age 10

Eddie's brother Doe 1 with Young Droop

Eddie & I @ a local T.V. show back in 2002

Cousin Key Loom & nephew Eddie Vega

With his brother Doe 1 back in 2000

Eddie's brother, Doe 1 today

May 16, 2002

someone put dude's face on the left on all their heads
Oh, you mean this guy? Eddie's brother my other nephew?

Eddie Vega is my nephew and had to grow up pretty fast. Losing my dad in 1997 (Eddie was 8 years old at the time) was a huge blow to all of us (naturally) and my dad & myself were the only male role models in Eddie's life. I hate to sound cliche' but he's never met his dad and grew up without his mom, being raised by my parents & myself.

In 1999 my mom was diagnosed with a brain tumor which was surgically removed and caused her to have temporary memory loss (which we didn't know it was temporary at the time.)

I single handed raised both Eddie and his brother while caring for an infant like mother at the time. Eddie was always with me from the age of 3 and hitting studios etc. So yeah, he made grown decisions early on.

My mother's 100% recovery set us both into mode and on a mission.

Now his passion has grown stronger after losing my mother on the 25th (on Eddie's birthday) of last month 2011.

He went and got a tattoo of my mom (R.I.P.) symbolizing that he is keeping that promise to her.

May 16, 2002
you gemini u ever get any weird comments for the 2face entertainment thing?

cause being "two faced " to my knowledge is a negative thing....
Yes, I've been asked why I decided to run with the name, "2Face Entertainment." And yes it can be a negative, but it all depends on where your mind is set. I don't really have an interesting story on why I went with that name to be honest LOL!

Being that my sign is "Gemini" (twins / good & bad / 2face) is the reason I went with that. That's the other reason why the logo (as well as the first logo) went with the color green.

Now, being 2 faced in the entertainment business is in fact going against the grain & may not be appealing at first, but it's the complete opposite.

We've all heard the horror stories from artist / bands about being signed and screwed over by the major labels etc. In the early days, that was happening quite a bit and artist decided to go independent.

There are a lot of people today that are shady in the independent music business & wash their hands off with, "It's a dirty game, so you got to play dirty." Bullshit in my opinion. The independent game was started because it was a way to get away from the shady money hungry majors who were ripping off artist. The game is not dirty, it's the shady pieces of shit who are out to make a fast buck that are dirty.