Where did all the photoheads go?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2014
Low light shots with the 6D..

ISO between 8000-12800 Canon 17-40L F4 lens..

Overall it was a good buy for the price..

The wireless features work well for me. I like to be able to see the shots on my MAC as I take them and it works well for that purpose. The remote shooting with the EOS app is kinda whack but I don't do that anyway.

I never really liked my 17-40 on the 7D but I havent really taken it off.
My 85 1.8 and 50 1.4 are killin it on both cameras so I'm not concerned with those. My 70-200IS II 2.8 is already a beast but I'll post some of those shots as well. The $2500 I paid for that lens made it easier to go with the 6D over the 5DMKIII. My boy has the 5DMKIII and we ran shots side-by-side..No one we showed pics to could tell a difference in overall quality of the shot. I'll probably keep both cameras for a while as they both have pros and cons.

I did a shoot yesterday and used 2 580EX II Speedlites triggered wirelessly for fill light with the 17-40 on the 6D and the shots look clean as fuck.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the info, its much appreciated.

J @Johnny Shots on IG
nice shots!

May 14, 2002
Thanks for the explanation. I dont agree or disagree with what you're seeing. I just ask that because I feel like each photographer has a certain taste/style so when I see things like "over edited" or anything like that it kinda throws me off, meaning; If thats the artists way of presenting their photographs then I dont think there can be any such thing as "over editing"...and it goes back to exactly what you said at the end; personal taste.

You are right, it was a bad choice of words especially since I don't want to criticise anyone I could have found better ones to describe what I meant in the first place.

I tried the 365 project lol, failed miserably... didn't think i'd be too busy working and going to school full-time. Wishful thinking :hurt:

Can't wait to develop these prints and see what I come up with.
Mine is still collecting dust smh I'm lacking some inspiration at the moment but I should just kick myself outside with my cam in hand.
Did you develop those prints?

May 14, 2002
Low light shots with the 6D..

ISO between 8000-12800 Canon 17-40L F4 lens..

Overall it was a good buy for the price..

The wireless features work well for me. I like to be able to see the shots on my MAC as I take them and it works well for that purpose. The remote shooting with the EOS app is kinda whack but I don't do that anyway.

I never really liked my 17-40 on the 7D but I havent really taken it off.
My 85 1.8 and 50 1.4 are killin it on both cameras so I'm not concerned with those. My 70-200IS II 2.8 is already a beast but I'll post some of those shots as well. The $2500 I paid for that lens made it easier to go with the 6D over the 5DMKIII. My boy has the 5DMKIII and we ran shots side-by-side..No one we showed pics to could tell a difference in overall quality of the shot. I'll probably keep both cameras for a while as they both have pros and cons.

I did a shoot yesterday and used 2 580EX II Speedlites triggered wirelessly for fill light with the 17-40 on the 6D and the shots look clean as fuck.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the info, its much appreciated.

J @Johnny Shots on IG

clean ones!

Can you shoot and instantly see your photo on the monitor on your computer with the wireless function? I didn't know that, that's a pretty cool feature.

Jan 2, 2007
clean ones!

Can you shoot and instantly see your photo on the monitor on your computer with the wireless function? I didn't know that, that's a pretty cool feature.

Ya thats exactly what it does. I think its a good feature. I don't mind that it only transfers jpeg files and not RAW files. I just use it to view the shots right after to get a better feel for the pic instead of looking at the small screen…when using my home setup I can hook it up wirelessly straight to a TV.. I think the wireless transmitter for the 5D, 7D etc. is like 600-700 by itself...

Jan 5, 2006
Mine is still collecting dust smh I'm lacking some inspiration at the moment but I should just kick myself outside with my cam in hand.
Did you develop those prints?
Inspiration is everywhere bro, just stand and stare at a subject from 3 different angles. It's time I'm lacking. I think about the visual arts on the daily, in class, at work.. I have a mental list of things I want to shoot. Not yet, I have like 3 exposures left lol.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
fuck.....I was shooting someone on a bmx yesterday and a skateboard today, I need a new camera!!!! I was taking raw images and the burst mode is way too fucking slow.....should I switch to high quality jpg instead for action shots?

Jan 5, 2006
Definitely, only time you shoot raw is if you want total control over your images (color editing/tones etc)... you wont be able to shoot much unless you have a fast and big sd/cf card. Plus you need special software to convert raw images.