Where did all the photoheads go?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
I'm pretty sure the photoheads and all the other designers found a better place to gather. The childishness that occurred in this section from around 2008-2010 really killed it. When Gay Columbo, PDA, cheeto and several other childish characters came in this section with their nonsense, that ran everyone else off. These guys would constantly hate on others and start arguments in every thread. Thank them for the demise of this section.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
maybe we should rename this thread to "the thread where defy & iaoish talk about how they don't know shit about photography and all the photoheads pretend the thread does not exist"

Oct 7, 2002
www.LadyTragik.com
i moved to LA, still doing this full-time, music + videos - i work for Interscope and i travel the world - its been an amazing journey

used to love seeing the creativity in this forum, i come back every once in awhile but it looks pretty dead

- TRAGIK

May 14, 2002
Yeah I always loved to watch shoots of Lady Trajik, I always learned from watching.

But times have changed... there is noone left that posts photos or comment on them except Defy and me, now Defy and me are the photoheads. lol

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
the random chick's hair in the bottom left corner? there's hella people around her, I actually had what I thought was a nice picture of her taking a picture of herself, but there were people and bars and shit in the way ruining the picture once I saw it at home. in this picture she is taking a picture of herself but you can't see the phone in her hand......that she dropped and I lol'd....

May 14, 2002
wow, I feel comepetely retarted.... even more so then usual.. of course the left corner, lol

I get that all the time too... people constantly walking in my shot.

Really? You all have a disability that prevent you to walk just 2 meters around me and my shot? Or you can not wait 2 seconds, really?
I do it for other people... but karma hasn't returned the favor yet..

May 15, 2002
I'm gonna try my hand in Photography as a hobby. I bought a camera and a lighting setup with a few backdrops. I want to get a style like this going: http://www.joannalynnphoto.com/

Take a look at the first page, particularly the images of the black family. I like that style. I'm not sure if that look has more to do with the shots themselves or post-processing effects in Photoshop or Lightroom.

I'm also seeing this vintage look as well. Is this the result of the shot or photoshop effects? Pics below.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7278/6891865172_8d586991d3_b.jpg
Specifically the images all the way to the left and the one in the upper right hand corner.

May 14, 2002
I'm gonna try my hand in Photography as a hobby. I bought a camera and a lighting setup with a few backdrops. I want to get a style like this going: http://www.joannalynnphoto.com/

Take a look at the first page, particularly the images of the black family. I like that style. I'm not sure if that look has more to do with the shots themselves or post-processing effects in Photoshop or Lightroom.
As far as I can tell it has a lot to do with the shot itself.. but you can always add extra sharpness to the photo in photoshop (adding sharptones to a photo is an art in itself by the way).

But maybe some more skilled people here can tell you more about that style though..
I always sharpen through 'calculations' in photoshop, especially with portraits.

I'm also seeing this vintage look as well. Is this the result of the shot or photoshop effects? Pics below.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7278/6891865172_8d586991d3_b.jpg
Specifically the images all the way to the left and the one in the upper right hand corner.

That look you can get by either putting a filter in front of your lens or adjusting the white balance in a program.
I would say..

Be nice to have an additional member contributing some photos!

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
The vintage look can come from filters, you can make an action in Photoshop to automate the effect as well

I can't see what effect you're looking for in the first batch tho, that just looks like basic portrait photography with white borders, but then again I'm on my phone so it could be some whole other shit.....