Where did all the photoheads go?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2002
Nice for a first attempt, I'd say.
I like the way the clouds came out. I probably would have shopped out the lamppost on the right first though ;)

Did you use multiple shots on this one? I've tried to mess with hdr but never was really satisfied because I always tried with a single file.

May 14, 2002
^
Man I just woke up and I got some stuff to do today.. but later! sure!

I have to stop fucking around and just start bringing my camera outside.
That will be my goal for today. Make one hdr with multiple files.
But then I probably need to carry my tripod outside too... hmmm... I'll see..

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Nice for a first attempt, I'd say.
I like the way the clouds came out. I probably would have shopped out the lamppost on the right first though ;)

Did you use multiple shots on this one? I've tried to mess with hdr but never was really satisfied because I always tried with a single file.
Right on.....I used multiple shots (3 actually) and didn't use a tripod, although I rested my hand on something to steady it....yeah I should've shopped the lamp post, but I was kinda excited it came out looking decent so I just said fuck it.....

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I have to stop fucking around and just start bringing my camera outside.
THIS.

I didn't bring my camera today, but I think I will bring it to work in SF and snap some photos around there.......lookin hella touristish....fuck it.....

speaking of touristish, anyone know where to get dope camera straps that are durable? I don't want this corny "Canon EOS" thing anymore

May 14, 2002
What settings did you use? +1 , 0 and -1 ?

I'll go out in a min and just try to fuck with it, see if I can upload one worthy shot tonight.

I guess they sell plain straps in any photo stores? I know what you mean though I don't like the tourist look either.
Usually I just wrap the strap around my wrist and arm instead of putting it around my neck.. I never do that actually.

May 14, 2002
Today I learned I do not know a thing about hdr, lol.

Something that I need to read up on, now I was just fucking around with my camera. I just messed with the bracket settings nothing more really.

For editing I think I edited only one in photoshop (merge to hdr) and the others in hdr darkroom.
Also something I know close to nothing about... I didn't edit them before or after though... just the hdr settings.

I can continue making excuses why these pictures look horrible but this is currently the best I could do.

This one doesn't really seem hdr to me.. I did run it through hdrdarkroom though.
And the resizing didn't do it any justice either, all those ropes in there.

Nothing really spectacular

I lightweight like how this one turned out, except for those shades around the masts (masts?)

Also... most of the time during the process it looked better then the end result.
I do not understand how to edit this at all.

I know the pictures are not 'photographicly' worthy, this was not the aim of this afternoon. Although it would have been nice with nicer pics, lol.
I guess I am off to youtube to learn how to edit hdr.

Now I think of it I don't know why I uploaded these anyway.. but criticism is always nice.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I expanded all the way out....it was higher than -1,0,1 but I don't think it was -2,0,2.....let me stop being lazy and pull out my camera

now that I pulled out my camera it was -2,0,2....I took hella pictures adjusting the exposure until the underexposed shot had vivid blues. Photoshop (cs5) had a lot of knobs & sliders to fuck with after I did the HDR merge. Oh and smoke something while its merging, unless you have a supercomputer, that shit took forever and a day.

I know jack shit about exposure tho......I'm definitely gonna take more HDR pics tho.....actually I might even leave work early to go snap pics of the million hoodie march......either way I'm gonna bring my cam to SF, so I'll be back in this thread shortly

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City

I like the way the building came out.....that surreal glow/haze over it looks dope......you're right about the masts tho

May 14, 2002
I used to have a really good sd card in my camera, I lost it (forgot to take it out a computer in some internet cafe) and bought a cheaper one after. Which I still use today. But I noticed an incredible difference in shooting speed, which I think is crucial when you want to shoot hdr and there is some movement in your shot.
Something to keep in mind maybe...

I noticed I didn't upload this pic, lol. imo the 'best' of all. lol

What program are you using then?
I must say the bigger files do look much better though

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
photoshop.....I've heard that there are better programs specifically for HDR, but I forgot the name. The card makes a HUGE difference. I had a class 6 and that shit was terrible. I got a sandisk extreme pro, up to 95mb/s

I took some shots yesterday of the march for Trayvon Martin in SF and also some HDR shots of the bridge......I gotta process it all tho

May 14, 2002
Yeah I used to have the scandisk pro as well.. I miss it...

I didn't like the options in photoshop as much as the options that are available in hdr darkroom.... but yeah there are more programs out there.. Although I still have to do all my 'research' lol.