Story of Jesus Christ was 'fabricated to pacify the poor', claims Bible Scholar

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Well, this isn't a matter of someone trying to convince people I don't think, rather a Biblical scholar who looks at this from a historical perspective and is offering his hypothesis based on the information from his studies. People can do what they please with that information. Interesting read nonetheless m
Trying to remain as objective as possible here, but there were numerous allusions to Jesus in the Psalms, and in the book of Isaiah, which was written 400-500 before the (as best as we know it) birth of Christ. There has been proof that Pontius Pilate was in power in that area during the time of Jesus's crucifixion, and most of the apostles were martyred after the death of Christ. What this guy is alleging is so far from what anyone has suggested, and they are suggesting that the Romans essentially created Christ, well beyond what the historical manuscripts would suggest as well in terms of Christ having already ascended into heaven (yes, I realize that a lot of people don't believe that to be true in here). There is plenty of manuscript evidence out there to call b.s. on this guy's whole theory.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
So was Paul the Apostle in on it as well? Because he was a real person.

It's because a substantial number of those that "have faith" try to force it on the rest of us: prayer in school, anti-sodomy laws, laws against interracial marriage aka miscegenation, banning birth control and contraceptives, etc.

Then you have oppressive theocracies, Iran for example, that base all their laws on one religious text that results in women having restricted rights, and freedom of speech being denied (blasphemy laws).

You have people being murdered or targeted for assassination by religious leaders just for having a book published or printing some cartoons.

THAT'S why people spend their time trying to disprove the claims of the religious.

If I truly believed that my neighbors or friends were going to burn in Hell because they didn't accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior I'd probably be knocking on doors too and trying to proselytize.
props for taking a fairly objective approach to that argument, and it was well said.

I do feel a responsibility to share my faith with others, but there is a place and time for that in my opinion. I say that because, I am not very good at explaining the gospel to others, while other people I know are very good at it. If I got back from a dope vacation to Hawaii for 3 weeks, I'd be telling everyone I know about it when I got back. But the day I got saved was the single most impactful and joyful day in my life, so I feel like it is something to be shared.

But as far as the rest of what you said, when the law starts getting involved with religion in general, it's damaging to everyone. I don't think church groups should be protesting out in front of funerals, abortion clinics, etc..., but I also love the ability to assemble freely in this country. People have such a hatred for people who have faith, to some degree or another, that they feel threatened by it. I see it in my life every single day, and even on this site. I don't condemn anyone here, but if I say something like "I don't drink alcohol" people flip out like I'm condemning people who do. My worry is that my religious freedoms will be taken away by the government someday. I don't intend to oppress anyone because of my faith, but in my lifetime I expect to be oppressed because of it, and that's not cool either.